Last updated: November 12, 2022
Stufinder prides itself on being the most trusted peer-to-peer marketplace to discover and rent recording studios, which is why we have created these Community Guidelines to continue to be the most trusted and safe platform for our mission. We take violations of our Community Guidelines seriously and may suspend or terminate an Account for ongoing or serious violations. We reserve the right to also edit, moderate, or remove content on our site that violates these Community Guidelines or if we believe it adversely affects the integrity of the Stufinder Platform or its Members.
These Community Guidelines are part of and use words and phrases defined in the Stufinder Terms of Service. If you have any questions about these Community Guidelines or if you believe that a user has violated these Community Guidelines, please email us immediately at email@example.com.
You must agree to these Community Guidelines, as part of the Stufinder Terms of Service, to use the Stufinder Platform and it’s Services. Please read them carefully and only use the Stufinder Platform or its Services if you agree to abide by them.
- Comply with any Laws, including local zoning, permitting, or tax laws. Zoning and use restrictions are in place to protect people, including your Guests. You know your Listing best and Guests trust that your Listing is up to code, properly licensed, and safe.
- Accurately represent the nature, condition, and pricing of Listings. Most Guests will not have seen your Listings before their session. It’s important that you give them an accurate idea of what to expect. While we know you want to put your best foot forward, you should be realistic and honest about your Listing. Guests should also have a realistic idea of the actual Booking costs and clearly list any services you provide for an additional cost. You may not list prices lower than what you intend to charge.
- Only offer Listings that you’re permitted to Book. If you don’t own your Listing or don’t have exclusive permission from a property owner to List it, then you are not permitted to List it on the Stufinder Platform. If you are renting, and not the owner or manager of a Studio, you may need to have proof of approval from the owner, manager, or other party of interest before you List it. You are welcome to List multiple Studios but may not offer Studios to Guests that are not Listed. Violations will be strictly enforced.
- Only offer Studios that are ready to be booked with all the amenities listed. Studeurs should not provide studios that aren’t clean or don’t offer basic amenities such as restroom access, toilet paper, air conditioning or heating where available. You should not list studios that aren’t stationary (e.g. boats, caravans, etc), or offer studios that will be shared with others during a booking. Remember: The amenities added on the listing should be included in the hourly price. Items or services offered for an additional cost must be listed as an Add-On.
- Honor price and policies. Any rate charged to Guests through the Stufinder Platform will be equal to or better than those made available through their own website or any third-party booking companies or other distribution channels.
- Practice COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures. Studeurs must provide the items listed in the standard cleaning protocol for all bookings. If a Studeur has elected to provide any Enhanced COVID-19 Measures, they must provide accordingly. Studeurs that do not abide by the COVID-19 Health & Safety measures may lose certain hosting privileges or have their account terminated.
- Comply with all studio rules, policies, and booking agreement. All artists and those that have booked a studio through Studiotime must only use the studio as described by the studio listing owner, and as agreed upon directly with the studio. Studios take pride in their Studio, the equipment, and their profession and will be expecting the same professional respect and courtesy that they are providing.
- Use Listings with respect and as described to Studeurs. It is important that you are honest and do not misrepresent the intended use of a Studio when Booking. It is up to the Studeurs to determine how they want (or do not want) their Studios used.
- Never store, transport, or possess hazardous material in a Studio or on Studio premises. This should go without saying but hazardous material can harm people and do permanent damage to Studios. Bringing hazardous materials to a Studio is not only dangerous but may be illegal, and you could face significant civil liability or criminal action for doing so.
- Be respectful and take good care of the Studio and amenities. Guests should not take property that isn’t theirs, use Studeurs’ property not included with the booking without their permission, or continue to occupy the Studio after the booking has concluded without prior approval from a Studeur. Asking for permission ahead of time will limit potential disputes from occurring.
- Communicate with other Members and Stufinder honestly. People trust Listings, comments about Studios, and your communication with them. It’s important that you are clear and honest when you post. You may not use Stufinder to deceive or mislead people, post false or inaccurate statements, open multiple Accounts, or misrepresent who you are or your affiliations.
- Transact honestly. Members may only use the Stufinder Platform to transact as provided for legitimate Bookings. Use of the Stufinder Platform to conduct payment or other transactions offline, or attempting to transact when you know or believe the payment or payout is invalid, may result in suspension or termination of your Account or Fines.
- Respect other people’s information. You are only allowed to use the Content provided through the Stufinder Platform as intended. You may not use or misuse Content from the Stufinder Platform, images, or descriptions outside of the Stufinder Platform. You may not harvest, scrape, or collect other information about our other Members, such as names, phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses or any other Content that is not publicly displayed in search results pages prior to a Booking confirmation. In some cases, studios may require artists to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) at the studio prior to their booking. If there is ever an issue with privacy, studio security, or studio rules, please send us an email immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the Stufinder Platform as Intended. The Stufinder Platform is meant for Studeurs to List and Guests to Book Studios and third party or Studeur provided Vendor Services. You are not allowed to use the Stufinder Platform to promote products or services other than your Studio. You may not send unwanted messages or spam, promote use of a Stufinder competitor, or use the Stufinder Platform to communicate with Members with no intention of Listing or Booking on the Stufinder Platform. You may not Book Studios in exchange for other services or goods in lieu of payment unless previously authorized by Stufinder.
- Be responsive. You should be available to answer any questions related to a booking and reply promptly.
- Observe COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures. Most notably, while using a Studio, Studeurs, Guests, Vendors, and attendees agree to maintain physical distance, wear masks/PPE, create ventilation by opening windows and doors, and wash their hands where possible. You should only use a Studio if you are healthy, have avoided recent contact with positive carriers of COVID-19, and are not exhibiting symptoms of sickness.
No one must:
- Discriminate against other Members. Discrimination against any other Members based on their race, sex, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class is illegal and strictly prohibited on the Stufinder Platform. If we believe that you have refused to transact with another user based on any of these, we may suspend or terminate your account immediately.
- Encourage or endorse illegal or dangerous behavior. You may not post Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activities, including obscene content or encouraging activity that may lead to harming other Members. While use of marijuana is or may become legal in some jurisdictions, where it remains prohibited under national and / or local laws you, or your Guests may not grow, sell, distribute or use marijuana (or any other banned substances), in any Studio that is Booked on the Stufinder Platform.
- Harm, intimidate, or threaten Members. You are prohibited from doing anything that may harm or intimidate Members, or interfere with their use or operation of the Stufinder Platform. This includes threatening or harassing other Members; posting undeserved or disproportionate reviews, or reviews that do not reflect your experience; attempting to extort other Members for discounts or favorable reviews; or threatening legal action.
- Share personal or dispute information. For your protection, you may not share personal or sensitive information about yourself. This includes your home address, phone number, payment information, or other sensitive information that could lead to fraud or identity theft. This may be a safety risk to you and others. You may also not post any details about an ongoing dispute between you and another user.
- Harm, intimidate, harass, or threaten Stufinder or our brand. Anyone threatening Stufinder or our employees will be removed from the Stufinder Platform and reported to law enforcement. You may not engage in behavior on the Stufinder Platform or use Stufinder marks or logos in a manner that violates the Stufinder Terms of Service or harms, dilutes, or misuses our brand.
- Engage in any illegal activities. You are prohibited from hosting or engaging in illegal activity including but not limited to: sexual/physical assault, sexual abuse, harassment, robbery, human trafficking, kidnapping, or other acts of violence. Stufinder will report all crimes and illegal activity to the proper authorities.
- Misrepresent themselves. No one should provide a false name, phone number, address, listing description, or event description. You shall not create a duplicate account after being suspended, or create an account if you’re under the age of 18.
- Violate others’ privacy. While there is a general expectation of Studeur supervision of studio during a booking to maintain safety standards, Studeurs must disclose to Guests and Guests must disclose to visitors the use of any surveillance cameras in their Studio and surveillance cameras are not permitted in private areas such as bathrooms or dressing rooms. No one should spy on other people or go into restricted areas without express permission.
- Disturb neighbors or common areas. You should not utilize or damage common areas. You should obtain special permits where necessary and make parking arrangements as needed so that it does not impede the access of others in surrounding areas. You should not create a nuisance for those neighboring the Studio or others around you.